Job DescriptionJob Title:
Emergency Department TechnicianJob ID:
evenings/nights with rotationShift:
, Altoona PA Description
Emergency Department Technician
1.0 full time, evenings/nights with rotation (40 hours/week)
Union position: AFSCME
Posted: 3/6/2020 Are you a Medical Assistant, LPN, Paramedic, or Surg Tech looking to expand your skills? Apply now to be considered for a challenging and rewarding role as an ED Tech at UPMC Altoona!
ED Tech: Provides direct patient care and other related activities in accordance with level of education, responsible to clinical manager for the environment and physical management of patient to which assigned, and for factual observation and the reporting and recording of pertinent information.Responsibilities:
QualificationsEducation and Formal Training Required:
- Responds effectively in emergency situations.
- Assists RN/physician in the admission of patient - orients patient to their surroundings, transfers patient, assists in discharging.
- Utilizes restraints and protective mechanisms as due with documentation.
- Assists with treatment as directed, such as foley cath, cath irrigations and care, oral tracheal/nasal suctioning, enemas, dressing changes, perineal care, etc. in accordance with level of training and direction, assists with thoracotomies, chest tube insertions and other procedures regarding trauma, EKG's, immobilization, oxygen, and suturing.
- Performs venipuncture and intravenous access
- Performs and records vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood pressure and pulse oximetry).
- Adheres to universal precautions and complies established occupational exposure policies.
- Participates in patient care conferences providing input in patient care planning and in patient/family teaching, and in CPI processes.
- Observes, reports, and documents all unusual symptoms, condition changes, and care delivered as to DEM policy
- Assists patient in bed, turning, lifting, positioning, and ambulating.
- Maintains cubicle and equipment in an orderly fashion, cleans, restocks, and orders as necessary. Maintains instruments and trays .
- Completes ongoing age specific and annual competency validation via defined mechanisms.
- Maintains proficiency/competency in patient care testing as defined in the evaluation criteria established by the lab.
- Calls for patient in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort; adheres to instructions from Clinical Manager or physician and established routines.
Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Act 31 Child Abuse ReportingAct 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI ClearanceUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
- High School Diploma, GED required.
- Successful completion of Licensed Practical Nurse course; Medical Assistant; Surgical Technician or Paramedic Program.
- Experience Required: Basic knowledge regarding care of patients and operation of monitors.
- Specific abilities: 1.Adapt to constant change inherent in healthcare.2.Maintain good working relationships with the Medical Staff, Administration and other departmental personnel who are involved in the care of patients.3.Exercise skills in nursing and technology.4.Demonstrate a knowledge of supervisory techniques concerning the management of patients and personnel.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Certification in BLS according to level of trainingCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
*Minimum starting pay rate is $12.76/hour. Starting pay rate commensurate with applicable experience* Salary Range:
$0 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 552625167Posted: 2020-05-27