Job DescriptionJob Title:
Professional Staff Nurse, Home Health (Infusion / Oncology) - PittsburghJob ID:
8:00 AM - 4:30 PMShift:
UPMC Home HealthcareDepartment:
SN IV TherapyLocation:
, Pittsburgh PA Description
UPMC Home Healthcare is now hiring anOncology Professional Staff Nurse
for our Infusion/Oncology team! In this role, you will provide individualized, high-tech infusions and chemotherapy to patients in comfort of their homes. You will also provide education to patients and their families.
This position works Monday-Friday, daylight hours. The region is Central Pittsburgh and Northern Allegheny County.
Are you new to the field of Home Health? Home Health nursing can provide you with an impactful career that also provides opportunities for advancement, access to the most modern equipment and technology, excellent benefits, and more! Our nurses love the flexible daylight hours, one-on-one patient care, independence, the emphasis on patient education, and the ability to be true patient advocates. Our team of compassionate and supportive nurses and nursing leaders make UPMC Home Healthcare a truly wonderful place to work!**This position is also eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus. Apply now to learn more!**
Job title and salary will be based upon qualifications and career ladder requirements.Responsibilities:
- Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal patient satisfaction. Assigns other nursing personnel, including LPNs and Aides to assist in the appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the plan of care to the patient. Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides. Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues. Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions. Proven ability to facilitate change.
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patient. Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with the physician and other members of the health care team. Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings. Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization. Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care. Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching. Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs. Advises and consults with family and other agency personnel, as appropriate. Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards. Data syncs (transmits) information same day. Exercise independent judgment in matters concerning emergent and non-emergent patient care needs and communicate with the physician Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the agency
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Graduate of an accredit school of professional nursing required.
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Driver's License
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33
- Act 34
$26.74 to $41.09 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 552625173Posted: 2020-05-27