Job DescriptionJob Title:
UPMC Pinnacle Carlisle - Patient Care Technician - Multiple UnitsJob ID:
UPMC Pinnacle CarlisleDepartment:Location:
, Carlisle PA DescriptionUPMC Pinnacle Carlisle
is currently hiring both full-time, part-time, and PRN
nursing support staff opportunities for a variety of shifts and days. With an excellent benefits package, multiple shifts available, and competitive wages, we invite you to explore this opportunity with us today!
Nursing Assistants (NAs) and Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) are vital partners in the patient care provided at UPMC. They work on patient care units and perform a variety of important basic and advanced skills. They work closely and continuously with patients, partnering with nurses and other professionals, to make a big difference in how patients recover and experience their hospital stay.
Please note: Applicants who are hired will be provided, and required to successfully complete a training course.This course is held over 4 consecutive weekdays during daylight hours.
- Provides patient care including assisting with patient procedures and activities of daily living. Assists with physical, respiratory and cardiopulmonary therapies. Provides feedback to the RN regarding patient care and reports changes in patient status.
- Performs the UPMC nursing core nursing assistant responsibilities (blood glucose, weights, vital signs, I&O, specimen collections and Foley care) AND at least four of the following BU identified tasks: phlebotomy, 12 lead EKG, simple dressing, Foley catheter removal, point of care testing, bladder scan, straight catheter, or IV catheter removal.
- Assures equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department. Establishes appropriate and effective communication with other departments.Establishes professional and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Contributes to the universal unit activities including, but not limited to, responding to call lights and telephones, passing meal trays and transporting patients.
- Strictly adheres to all policies and procedures relative to patient care and hospital related information. Complies with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
- Documents in the medical record according to established procedures. Performs assigned work in a timely and productive manner.
- Completes department clerical functions as needed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- High school diploma or equivalent.If no previous hospital or pre-hospital training, successful completion of UPMC patient care technician class OR successful completion of first year of clinical work in a nursing program.
- Successful completion of basic information system training.
- Microcomputer experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic or currently enrolled in an EMT or Paramedic program preferred.
- Access to medications is limited to the distribution of the medication to the nurse.
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireBasic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewalAct 33 with renewalAct 34 with renewalAct 73 FBI Clearance with renewalUPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
$13.97 to $22.37 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 552625175Posted: 2020-05-27