Job DescriptionJob Title:
UPMC Susquehanna MuncyDepartment:
, Muncy PA DescriptionUPMC Susquehanna Muncy is hiring a casual Sonographer! This role will be scheduled 7am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-11:30pm (as needed) with rotating on-call, weekend and holiday responsibilities. Whether you are an experienced imaging professional looking to pick up extra hours or a new graduate eager to apply your education, this could be your opportunity!
UPMC is Pennsylvania's largest nongovernmental employer with endless opportunities. We offer a competitive benefits package and have a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and provides the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today and find out where your career can take you!
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic purposes.Responsibilities:
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- May be responsible for High Level Disinfection of devices, supplies and/or equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient's fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Performs a variety of technical ultrasound procedures, correlating appropriate patient history, laboratory data, and physical findings, for the purpose of assisting in a patient's medical diagnosis under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation.
- Completes procedures according to protocol.
- Obtains appropriate image documentation of cross-sectional anatomy in all body planes demonstrating anatomy, anatomical relationships and ultrasonic characteristics of normal and abnormal tissues and obtains and correlates ultrasonic measurements of structures/organs with data charts, anatomical normal measurements and computer data programs, where applicable.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Completion of formal training in an Ultrasound program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) required.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteranSalary Range:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) registered or registry eligible preferred.
- Must have completed Physics portion of registry.
- Must obtain RDMS within 12 months of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) preferred.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
$29.01 to $44.07 / hourUnion Position:
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Posting ID: 552625267Posted: 2020-05-27