At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Servicesand for the people who work here.
NTT DATAServices currently seeks aIntermediate Systems Administratorto join our team in Washington, District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US).
Under general supervision, the Intermediate Systems Administrator will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
• Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
• Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
• Develops and promotes SOPs.
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
• 3+ years of experience implementing and supporting Windows Servers and PCs.
• Bachelor's degree, or higher, in an IT-related field.
• 1+ year of experience scripting or otherwise automating routine processes.
• Knowledge of and experience with Active Directory and Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, file shares, print servers, and other Windows Server services.
• Experience creating and editing group policy objects (GPO)
• Ability to review and edit DNS and DHCP entries
• Advanced experience (deployment, configuration, maintenance) with imaging platforms
• Experience with asset management and tracking for hardware devices (PC, Laptop, Cell Phone)
• Batch file or other scripting language editing and creation
• Experience with managing spam filtering solutions
• Experience creating, editing, and troubleshooting virtual machines
• Ability to create and maintain clear and concise documentation
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: System Administrator, Consulting, Database, Cloud, Technology