We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world's largest flooring company - and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
Primary Objective: In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose of primary objective of this position.
The primary role of the Automation Controls Technician is to provide high end, complex and effective automation and controls support to plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The Automation Controls Technician must identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in all areas of electrical, Automation, Networks, Process, Instrumentation and Controls systems that occur in the facility. He/she must be able to troubleshoot, pin point problems, and remediate all problems. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and calibration of plant controls systems and instrumentation
Major Function and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function of responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
- Researches, plans, schedules, designs, follows-up, and documents all projects (i.e. the installation and startup of fully automated production lines and utility equipment).
- Performs Siemens PLC programming for new machinery, process improvements, and additions to existing equipment using: Siemens S5 and S7 software, Wonderware's "InTouch", Siemens' Protool Pro, WinCC Flexible, WinCC SCADA; Kuka robotics software; variety of VFD and smart device applications.
- Ensures equipment optimization and maintenance within the production process to ensure productivity and quality after installation.
- Performs programming, designing and cost analysis research.
- Tests new materials and equipment; writes technical and functional specifications to communicate to potential suppliers and integrators.
- Provides technical troubleshooting expertise to assist maintenance personnel with diagnosing and repairing equipment problems.
- Hands-on field engineering, testing and troubleshooting I/O points, stand alone equipment, fail safe and emergency circuits. Validates of PLC and HMI applications; updates technical documentation and drawings.
- Interfaces with other departments regarding overlapping areas such as software applications, data acquisition and storage retrieval systems, and facility equipment.
- Analyzes bids for technical correctness, price, and best value.
- Interfaces and coordinates with field personnel on installations.
- Researches and compiles project justification and estimated payback time information.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision: Describe the education, knowledge required, years of experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
- Bachelor's/Associates degree in Electrical, Computer Science Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience in PLC Programming (Siemens PLC preferred).l
- 3 or more years of experience in project management, machine control systems design, HMI/SCADA development, of electric and mechanical equipment troubleshooting such as VFDs, servo systems, actuators, industrial networks (TCP/IP, Profibus, ASI, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with AutoCad, Visio, databases, and MS Office
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Strong interpersonal communication, leadership and project management skills.
- Good team player.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends when necessary to meet schedule deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage technical people, including maintenance technicians and contractors.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Req Id: 27993