Internal candidates will need to complete a Transfer Request form located in HR. Submission of this form does not guarantee transfer.
External candidates will need to complete the application and then access and complete the Healthcare Assessment Tool that will be emailed once the application is submitted. Failure to complete the Healthcare Assessment Tool will halt your process. Job Description
• The incumbent acts to assist the Chief Financial Officer and as such, performs a full range of complex accounting, technical, financial, management, and administrative duties. The incumbent will carry-out her/his duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of Georgetown Community Hospital and Bluegrass Community Hospital, and fully supports the code of conduct, mission, vision, and values of Georgetown Community Hospital and Bluegrass Community Hospital. The incumbent will have knowledge of health care systems, and have demonstrated ability to interact, relate to, work with, and support the activities of a diverse workforce.
• Directs and supervises two or more of the following Accounting division functions, as delegated: accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets, general ledger (including budget control), liaison with Information Services, cash reconciliations, internal and external financial reporting
• Reviews and coordinates weekly and monthly financial projections.
• Performs net revenue analysis including the review of the standard monthly accrual (SMA) and Medicare exhibits.
• Makes recommendations participates in the formulation and implementation of Department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures and hospital-wide financial policies and procedures
• Responds to financial and accounting related inquiries and requests from other departments and outside agencies
• Responsible for exercising normal first-line supervisory control over staff members to include interviews, hiring and promotion recommendations, training and cross-training performance appraisal and administration of discipline
• Maintains a strong working knowledge of the entire Accounting Department
• Performs other management and professional accounting or financial functions as required
• Attends meetings as required
• Demonstrates supervisory, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills and the ability to plan, coordinate, and direct work of subordinate staff
• Ability to understand and interpret federal, state and local laws and regulations; contracts and other legal documents; and other authoritative sources relevant to hospital accounting, payroll, and accounts payable
• Ability to use independent judgment in applying guidelines to varied situations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to perform accurate and timely work in an organized and efficient manner with minimal direction, sometimes under stressful situations and short deadlines
• Ability to comprehend and execute verbal and written instructions and to take instructions from several people.
• Performs related duties and projects as assigned.
• Participates in budgetary planning for departments
• Ensures the market's internal controls are sound and all Sarbanes Oxley 404 and internal controls documentation is completed and properly supported.Qualifications :
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3 years of accounting and/or financial auditing experience in positions of progressive responsibility and authority
- Experience in health care finance is preferred
- 2 years supervisory experience is preferred
- Knowledge of and cost/managerial accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP relating to accounting is required
- Must have an understanding of internal controls, including segregation of duties needed to maintain the proper checks and balances and to ensure the integrity of the Hospital's accounting and related functions.
- Knowledge of, and experience with budgeting is preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.