At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Servicesand for the people who work here.
NTT DATAServices currently seeks aIntermediate Helpdesk Specialistto join our team in Washington, District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US).
Under general supervision, the Intermediate Helpdesk Specialist shall provide second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware. The Intermediate Helpdesk Specialist also handles problems that are beyond the expertise of the first tier of the helpdesk support staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• May interact with network service, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem as well as simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
• Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems and maintain current and high level technical skill in the IT field.
• Escalate more complex problems to senior level.
• Duties shall also include meeting established service level metrics for call response, technical support, and customer service, providing follow-up service to end-users to ensure that service provided by the Helpdesk has addressed their needs in a timely and efficient manner, and fully documenting call resolutions and ensuring all notes are maintained in the ticket tracking system and Knowledge Base articles are published when applicable.
• 2+ years of helpdesk/desktop supportexperience
• 1+ year of experience troubleshooting Windows PCs
• Subject matter expertise in customer support operations and good communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and serves as point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, password and printer problems.
• Preference of Bachelor's degree in related field or two (2) to four (4) years of related experience.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Consulting, Mainframe, Application Developer, Cloud, Information Technology, Technology