Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.OUR VALUES
Our core values and standards guide our behavior every day. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, we believe everyone is a leader at A&F. We believe the people make the place. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. We are eager to understand and embrace change. We are relentless innovators who dream bold.
As a part of the Network Engineering & Architecture team, the Network Engineer role would be directly involved in all phases of network design, implementation, and support. This role will focus on production support of Abercrombie & Fitch's network infrastructure portfolio, including, but not limited to, enterprise Local Area Networks ('LAN'), enterprise Wide Area Networks ('WAN'), enterprise wireless, enterprise security, network monitoring, enterprise DNS/DHCP, network automation, and load balancing.What will you be doing?
What will you need to bring?
- Design and deploy company LAN, WAN, and Wireless networks, including routers, switches, and other hardware
- Assist in designing and implementing the global enterprise networks
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Communicate effectively in all business relationships and various levels of management in a clear and direct manner
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
- Participate in managing all network security solutions
- Assist in designing and implementing disaster recovery plans for LAN and WAN network connections and protocols
- Be available for rotating 24/7 on-call support
- BA degree in computer science, MIS or related field
- 2 - 3 years preferred IT experience
- Experience and success with LAN / WAN, implementation and support
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Knowledge of WLAN implementation and support
- Hands-on experience configuring and maintaining enterprise networks.
- Willingness to learn or knowledge of network automation including Ansible and Python development skills
- Hands-on technical knowledge of multi-vendor network hardware.
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards
- Knowledge in DNS, DHCP, and IPAM implementation and support
- Interest in new technology and staying ahead of technology roadmaps
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Posting ID: 552625808Posted: 2020-05-27