The Health Information Specialist is responsible for meeting the needs of internal and external Hospital customers and supporting the department by providing a variety of Health Information services. This individual performs in accordance with hospital standards and policies. Operates under limited supervision.
• Ensures complete medical record documentation to meet federal/state regulations.
• Works in the dictation systems regularly to ensure reports are moved through the hold queue and documentation is interfacing appropriately.
• Monitors incomplete records, Assists in contacting physicians for delinquent reports, sends notifications for deficiencies and suspensions
• Scans documents, reports, etc.
• Assists callers including providers and other facilities with documentation questions and chart access, templates
• Tracks documentation timeliness and suspensions
• Listens to dictations, corrects interfaces, transcribed reports.
• Performs quality control on computerized medical record system and dictation system reports.
• Picks up mail, paper charts from departments/units
• Understands, supports and practices Watertown Regional Medical Center values.
• Responds to customer requests in a friendly, prompt and caring manner, always maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and respect.
• Works as a partner with team members, and demonstrates willingness to do whatever needs to be done to meet the needs of internal and external customers and the department.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with external and internal Hospital customers.
• Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
High school diploma or equivalent Preferred X Required
Associates Degree Preferred
Minimum Work Experience
Two years previous related experience in health information and working with a variety of hospital related medical reports and electronic medical record, physician documentation.
Posting ID: 552626011Posted: 2020-03-11