Every full or part-time sale associate is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within company policy and guidelines, in such a manner as to ensure that the shift contributes to the increased profitability of the store. The term 'sales associate' applies to the positions of 1st/2nd-shift employee and 3rd-shift employee, both full- and part-time. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NoneQUALIFICATIONS
- Observes shift operating hours at all times, as assigned by the Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Report all accidents no matter how small to the Store Manager / Assistant Manager ASAP or within 8 hours and fill out all of the proper forms needed. Seek medical attention ASAP in the event you have no transportation call a cab the store will pay for this. All emergencies call 911.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Assists the Store Manager / Assistant Manger in seeing that the store maintains a store-inspection grade of at least 85% on the store-inspection report.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state ABS regulations.
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Stays familiar with the Company Price Book, Operations Manual, and bulletins.
- Ensures Store Manager / Assistant Manager is made aware of all sales, cash, or operating discrepancies.
- Operates shift within company guidelines to achieve sales and profit.
- Read and follow the company Handbook on policies and procedures.
- Uniform shirts and name tags are provide and must be worn when working.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other company functions..
- Assist disabled passengers into and out of vehicle and ensure their safety
- Prepares a shift-change report at the completion of shift in accordance with company guidelines.
- Prepare the next shifts cash draw 10 min before your shift ends.
- Properly clock in and out or report to the manager that you need to correct a time in or out.
- Notifies Store Manager / Assistant Manager of any discrepancies in the operating results on the shift report, or cash over or shift conditions in excess of $5.00 within 24 hours.
- Assures proper sale and accounting for credit cards, money orders, phone cards and gift cards during shift, as described in training.
- Rings all sales into the cash registers.
- Follow the Cash Handling Procedure Guideline form that you have signed.
- No cash payouts (except slot payouts) unless directed by the store manager.
- Must comply with all other department expectations and requirements -- at all times.
- Advise Store Manager / Assistant Manager of any personnel situations or policy violations having an Shares the responsibility for controlling the inventory on the shift or in the store.
- Report any persons hanging around outside the store to the police.
- Follows company policy with regard to excessive cash in registers, change box and safe security, as directed by Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Completes a shift-change report at the end of shift, as directed by Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Follows correct vendor check-in procedure as defined directed by Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Protects company assets at all times.
- NO CASH SHOULD BE LEFT UNDER THE CASH DRAW OR OUTSIDE OF THE CASH DRAW OR OUTSIDE OF THE SAFE AT ANYTIME.
- IN CASE OF A HOLD UP ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE ROBBER. NEVER TRY TO STOP THE PERSON. After they leave lock the doors and call the police then the Store Managers.
- Keeps coolers, drink boxes, store shelves, and displays fully stocked and fronted at all times.
- Properly cleans and maintains equipment and readies high-margin products such as coffee, fountain drinks, etc., as directed by Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Write down any merchandise that does not scan to the Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Use plus-selling techniques as directed by Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Prepare all fast foods that are sold following all food safety / handling guidelines.
- All employees are responsible for keeping floors clean and safe at all times.
- Checks refrigeration equipment for proper performance a minimum of one time per shift.
- Cleans windows, floors, shelving, counters, and gas pumps to ensure they remain clean at all times.
- Record any maintenance problems into maintenance logbook. Advise Store Manager / Assistant Manager of all serious problems immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Be able to read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth-grade level;
- Be able to perform arithmetical calculations at the eight-grade level in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in;
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification on all alcohol and tobacco product sales.
- Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment;
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers.
- Be able to stock shelves and coolers;
- Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 10 pounds and moving it to the fire area;
- Be able to perform all bathroom-cleaning procedures.
- Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products;
- Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken work;
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin;
- Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds and fuel pumps and car wash area.
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 35 degrees up to 60 minutes at a time.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED). LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, TSA Laws and Regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to write routine daily reports, and communicate issues to your Supervisor. Demonstrate and utilize your ability to speak effectively and provide excellent customer service to groups of customers/owners/guests or employees. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to deal with problem situations involving owners, guests and Team Members in a courteous and friendly manner, and to effectively communicate these issues -- immediately - to your Supervisor. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid Health card and Tam card. OTHER REQUIREMENTSPHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Weight in pounds Maximum Repetitive Comments
- Physical strength required for task: light / medium / heavy
Floor height lift
1 in 5 minutes
Knee height lift
5 in 15 minutes
Waist height lift
5 in 15 minutes
Shoulder height lift
5 in 15 minutes
5 in 15 minutes
2 hand carry
20 - 50 lbs
5 in 15 minutes
1 hand carry (L/R)
5 in 15 minutes
Stocking duties Non-Material handling tasks
: Never Occasional Frequent Constant Comments(0%) (1-33%) (34-66%) (64-100%)
:Never Occasional Frequent Constant Comments(0%) (1-33%) (34-66%) (64-100%)
X WORK ENVIRONMENT OTHER
The job Never Occasional Frequent Constant Comments(0%) (1-33%) (34-66%) (64-100%)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.