The Westgate Resorts Service philosophy is:
'We fulfill our guests' dreams by providing a quality vacation experience that exceeds all expectations'
The Westgate Resorts Service Standards are:
We are an organization that is built on the idea of service to others and on the idea of making dreams come true. In order to achieve these goals, we expect all employees to fulfill the Service Philosophy and the Service Standards in all interactions with guests and fellow employees. SUMMARY
Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and maintaining grounds by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
Directly supervises employees in the Engineering department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonably accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The team member frequently is required to climb or balance. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.