We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world's largest flooring company - and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
Must have print experience or printing background
Job Purpose: A working press lead will provide accountability, leadership, guidance, instruction, and direction to the various sections within the Print Department for maximizing the A-grade percentage from the Print Department by working in conjunction with the Production Line and Quality Department.
- Responsible for personal safety and monitors the safety of others.
- Responsible for the completion of all checklists and the shift report by the end of the shift, and for communicating issues to Production Supervision right away.
- Responsible for ensuring the neatness and tidiness of the Print Department by making certain all tasks are completed on shift.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and reporting machine malfunctions.
- Responsible for ensuring doctor blades and containment blades are inspected throughout the shift and changed as needed.
- As a working lead in this position, you are responsible for your setup as well as helping with the operators if needed.
- Responsible for making certain that the Operators are using the correct settings on the press, including pendulum, ink pump %, ink fountain, cylinder homing, set points, and doctor blade pressures.
- Responsible for making certain that pressure for each unit is reset at start-up, and after web width or cylinder size changes.
- As a working lead you will have to be able to multi-task at a fast pace in prevention and reaction situations.
- Responsible for making color matching to lab/production standards. If off color will pull samples of inks and place in ink kitchen for review and pull off run.
- Responsible for ensuring all personnel are following all procedures.
- Responsible for cylinder inspections and reporting any issues back to Supervisor and Manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must have a High School or GED diploma.
- Flexible for all shifts.
- Gravure print experience or equivalent
- Visual acuity to see registration
- Computer efficient.
- Quality experience desired.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Commitment to company values and safe work practices.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in the operation of production line, machinery and monitoring products.
- Pass color vision test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Req Id: 27515