We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world's largest flooring company - and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
- Is committed to the Stop & THINK and Safety Challenge mental models, and complies with all safety and environmental rules, procedures and programs. Identifies, advises and implements safety and environmental process improvements.
- Sets and maintain goals that include: zero record-able injuries and zero NOVs.
- Creates an environment based on Mohawk's Core Values where teammates and contractors are motivated to work safely and make certain that those around them are as well.
- Coordinates safety training for all plant personnel
- Verifies facility is compliant with all required safety and environmental regulations
- Provides coaching, leadership, and knowledge to plant personnel to help improve overall facility performance.
- Leads the facility employee safety committee
- Interacts with corporate safety and environmental personnel to coordinate an exchange of information, assure compliance with corporate programs and report out as required.
- Develops, implements, and/or manages all safety programs, environmental programs and Risk Management programs.
- Works to improve facility performance in both leading and lagging indicators.
- Utilizes team building skills to improve communication and performance between different departments in all aspects of mill performance.
- Utilizes team building skills in other areas beyond safety to improve overall facility performance.
- Participates in 80/20 reporting and problem-solving exercises aimed at root cause analysis and long-term improvement in facility performance.
- Creates a culture where environmental compliance is an expectation and individuals actively work to assure continuous compliance.
- Maintains, coordinates and tracks the record keeping required to comply with all environmental rules and regulations.
- Stays up to date on current changes in safety & environmental regulations, their potential impact on facility performance, and advises the Plant Manager on the same.
- Completes all required reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Trains facility personnel on the requirements and expectations of their positions as they relate to environmental compliance.
- Performs audits as required to verify that facility personnel are adhering to the environmental responsibilities of their position.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 4 or more years experience in safety compliance required
- Core competencies include strong communication and interpersonal skills, team building, problem solving, listening skills, data analysis and interpretation. Ability to set priorities based on multiple company goals and manage multiple ongoing tasks daily.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Req Id: 27740
Posting ID: 552626673Posted: 2020-05-27