MasTec Network Solutions is a leading specialty contractor for communications companies, utilities and governments throughout the United States. MasTec Network Solutions designs, builds, installs, maintains and upgrades infrastructure that is the backbone of the nation's economy telephone, high-speed Internet, electric, water, sewer and natural gas as well as provides installation and maintenance services for satellite and cable television services.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Act in a leading role to Technicians 1-3 positions on two and three man work crews.
- Ensure all crew hours are tracked per project and maintained in the system of records
- Must support the Construction Manager and/or Project Manager on a day-to-day basis for all work related activities to insure adequate safety and quality measures are followed.
- Must be able to work under hazardous conditions and regularly work under adverse conditions in the performance of the job.
- Must possess the physical ability and agility to handle activities will which include cabinet placement, installation support of ancillary radio equipment in the radio cabinets, power, ground and intra and interbay signal cabling.
- Must have a good understanding of how to read and implement Nokia Datafil
- Troubleshoot all aspects of the site (NIU to Antenna)
- Install and test SCPA/MCPA Boosters (1 yr + Hands On Experience Required)
- Call Testing (Intra/Inter Cell Hand Offs)
- Ultrasite/Nokia BTS Commissioning
- CSU (T-1 Protocol)Integration and troubleshooting experience
- Must have experience Building & Decommissioning of Site
- Ability to Capture/Upload Site Photographs
- Adhere to all company and industry standard/federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, DOT, etc.)
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with wireless telecommunication installations
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions in English, as well as possess good oral communication skills
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Strong ability to work outdoors performing manual labor
- Ability to set direction and organize daily work assignments to lower level technician
- Flexible work hours to include nights and weekends as required
- 75% Travel - Must be flexible to work hours that include nights and weekends as required
- Can clearly and effectively communicate to team members and management
- Ability to follow all established quality & safety procedures
- Ability to effectively follow established safety escalation procedures if the need arises
- Ability to successfully complete all required RF Awareness, OSHA, DOT, First Aid & MWS Safety Training Courses
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Posting ID: 552626934Posted: 2020-05-27