Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:
Provides effective and efficient patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with the patient's plan of care, applicable law and regulation, accepted standards of nursing practice, payer requirements and Interim Healthcare policies and procedures.Essential Functions:
- Recognize and report changes in the patient's condition to the RN supervisor.
- Complete timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing patient's progress.
- Assist the RN or physician in performing specialized procedures and duties.
- Assist the RN in carrying out the patient plan of care.
- Assist the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Able to perform CPR.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and auditorilyobserve the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient and scheduling needs.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
- Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
- May have access to protected health information ("PHI") necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.
Our HHA/ Home Health Aide requirements include, but not limited to are:
- Six (6) months of accumulated experience in a similar job classification, similar life experience; OR
- A graduate of a training and competency program as required by the Office and State or Federal law/regulation; or
- A school of nursing student in the last year of a program; or
- Graduate RN or LPN/LVN with proof of graduation.
- Must be 18 years of age
- CPR Certified
- Must pass Drug Screening
- Valid Driver's license and current auto insurance
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
Interim Healthcare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from Per Diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim Healthcare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. 2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Orlando
- Job State: FL
- Employee Type: PRN
Posting ID: 552626940Posted: 2020-05-27