Job Description This position, which reports to the manager of SEC Reporting, assists with the preparation and compilation of quarterly Earnings Releases, 10-Qs, and an 10-K. Develops new processes to streamline and improve current reporting process. Works with Accounting Policy to monitor and help quantify possible impact of proposed accounting guidance. Develop new disclosures in accordance with new and updated accounting and SEC guidance. The Senior Accountant will have strong analytical skills and be able to work both independently and as a member of cross-functional teams. The Senior Accountant will demonstrate excellent communication, data gathering, analysis, reporting, and process improvement skills. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
- Compiles various sections of the quarterly SEC reports (Earnings Release/8K, 10-Q, and 10-K).
- Prepares thorough documentation to support assigned sections of the quarterly SEC reports.
- Reviews documentation of various sections of the quarterly SEC reports prepared by others.
- Maintains ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of the SEC reports, and to ensure transactions are disclosed appropriately in the financial statements
- Assists with Regulatory Reporting on various quarterly reports.
- Works with Accounting Policy to monitor new guidance and develop any necessary additional disclosures.
- Suggests enhancements in SEC Reporting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and/or improve customer service.
- Prepares thorough documentation to support any new processes and procedures made to current SEC Reporting process.
- Utilizes Wdesk for developing new disclosures.
- Consults with external auditor on research issues when necessary to enhance efficiency of required audit work related to these issues.
- Assists with various aspects of the yearly audit.
- Develops a good understanding of Key's organization and products.
- Participates in special projects as necessary.
2-4 years of public accounting or related work experience
Working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC reporting guidance
Ability to work collaboratively with clients in the lines of business and other support areas, external auditors, and other team members
Strong oral and written communication skills
Bachelor's degree in accounting PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Previous public company or SEC Reporting exposure
Work experience in the financial services industry
Certified Public Accountant (or working towards obtaining license) COMPETENCIES/SKILLS
Integrity and trust-exemplifies a high degree of honesty and maintains trustworthiness. Exercises principled judgment.
Ethics and values-adheres to the highest standards in these areas and exhibits the ability to maintain them in the face of adversity.
Functional/Technical skills-good understanding of the accounting and research skills necessary to address the numerous accounting issues encountered throughout Key.
Customer focus-maintains an intense focus on clients and their service needs including proactively networking with individual clients in their assigned areas of responsibility.
Timely decision making-promptly responds to client issues where possible or works to address issues requiring others involvement with the result of timely action on the particular issue.
Action oriented-takes charge and independently pursues appropriate solutions to client issues.
Written communications-demonstrated ability to communicate necessary information in a written form as appropriate.
Interpersonal savvy-works productively with others particularly in situations where action from other individuals is necessary to achieve the desired results.
Presentation skills-possesses the skills to effectively present work results and other issues to superiors and peers.
Business acumen-understands the basic tenets of the financial services industry and has the ability to learn and understand the business issues of the various lines of business and other support areas within Key.
Dealing with ambiguity-works well with issues that rather than having one right answer involve identifying and interpreting appropriate accounting guidance particularly in situations where none may exist.
Directing others-demonstrates the ability to manage the work of others by providing appropriately challenging work assignments and on-the-job learning experiences while ensuring work is completed in the required timeframes. EQUIPMENT USED
Microsoft Office Suite
Hyland Accelerated Financial Reporting Management TRAINING REQUIRED
In-house training curriculum as well as external training available as needed JOB LOCATION
100 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44113 FLSA STATUS:
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.