Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:
The RN II manages the care of a defined caseload of patients to facilitate the healthcare team's efficient and effective achievement of patient outcomes in accordance with the patient's plan of care, applicable law and regulations, accepted standards of nursing practice, payer requirements and Interim Healthcare policies and procedures. The RN II assists patients/caregivers to assume responsibility for management of their care when Interim Healthcare team members are not present. The RN II provides patient care and coordinates the services of a multidisciplinary team in collaboration with the patient's physicianEssential Functions:
We Are a Drug-Free Workplace
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient's needs and requests at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Initiates the plan of care and revising as necessary.
- Provides those services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in educating the patient and the family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Coordinates services.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Informs the physician and other staff of changes in the patient's needs.
- Evaluates outcomes of care.
- Supervises LPNs/LVNs and paraprofessionals providing care.
- Assigns home health aide to a specific patient.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Coordinates plans for patient discharge from services.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement measures.
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team members.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage an assigned patient population.
- Able to perform CPR.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.
- Able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
- Able to lift, re-position, and transfer patients.
- Able to travel within geographic area serviced by office.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI") necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Interim Health Care is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim Health Care has been providing great jobs to great people for over 45 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against applicants, employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by the law, or patients' decisions regarding advance directives. Each Interim Healthcare office is independently owned and operated. Not all services are available at all offices. 2015 Interim Healthcare IncJob RequirementsMinimum Education & Experience Requirements:
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed to practice as an RN in the state in which employed.
- License is active and in good standing.
- Prefer at least 2 years of experience as a home care RN.
- Work is normally performed in patient's home, schools, or occupational settings.
- Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to assignment.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood-borne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist patients with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
Interim Healthcare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim Healthcare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 45 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim Healthcare location is independently owned and operated. 2019 Interim Healthcare Inc.
Interim HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each Interim HealthCare location is independently owned and operated. 2019 Interim HealthCare Inc.Other Info
- Job City: Orlando
- Job State: FL
- Employee Type: PRN