We are seeking a Senior Internal Controls Specialist
to join the Global Risk
Control Group (RCG), which manages McKesson's ongoing responsibilities associated with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX).
The Senior Internal Controls Specialist
will integrate within a team of highly dedicated professionals responsible for SOX
compliance and testing of financial processes
in support of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR)
. This position will report to the Director Internal Control, Risk Control Group for North America. Key Responsibilities
- Perform the testing, or the review of control tests, for the assigned Business Units and/or processes.
- Identify gaps in control design and operating effectiveness, and assist the Business Unit management with identification of process issues and the development of remediation plans.
- Interface with and assists external auditors to expedite their work.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with SOX stakeholders, including external auditors.
- Maintain a current understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, PCAOB Standards, and other relevant guidance issued regarding Section 404.
- Assist in management of temporary contractors during testing phases, as applicable.
- Provide frequent status updates and analysis to management on SOX controls and issues identified.
- Minimum 4years of progressive experience in SOX auditing, including testing of finance processes and internal control over financial reporting
- Knowledge of SOX requirements and US GAAP
- Big 4 experience preferred
Additional Skills and Knowledge
- 4 year degree in Business or Accounting related field
- Master's degree or MBA in Accounting or Finance, preferred
- Certification related to auditing - CPA preferred, CIA acceptable
- Must work well in a team and build cross functional relationships
- Effective interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate independently or with minimal supervision
- Flexible, open minded, and ready to apply change
- At ease in a complex and changing environment
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously and keep all moving forward
- Consistently delivers within agreed deadlines
- Self-starter and can-do, problem-solving attitude
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- General office demands. Occasional travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!
Posting ID: 552627476Posted: 2020-05-27