- Assist Warehouse Manager with planning, organizing, directing warehouse activities and hiring to ensure successful night shift operations.
- Prepare and conduct team meetings, training sessions and other events to communicate clear goals to your team.
- Assist with leading associates and team leads to maintain safety, accountability, work standards, employee performance, training and development; all while keeping positive morale within the shift.
- Perform quarterly safety observations as well as 30/60/90-day safety orientations with new hire employees.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the department ensuring that customer expectations and performance metrics are met or exceeded.
- Perform necessary labor management audits on both current and new hire employees to tack and ensure standards are being met.
- Assist with reducing employee turnover and reducing overtime hours.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities to reduce errors and improve efficiency.
- Ensure warehouse and equipment are well maintained and that housekeeping meets company standards.
- Ensure warehouse operations comply with federal, state and local company policies.
- 4+ years operational experience including 2+ supervisory experience or equivalent
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak with individuals to explain each process effectively.
- Demonstrate employee engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and has the capacity to make sound business decisions.
- Experience managing, leading and developing staff.
- Must be capable of working independently and self-directed with minimal oversight from management.
- High degree of flexibility needed, in order to meet challenges of working in a high intensity environment with constantly changing priorities. Must be open to flexible nightshift hours and adjusting start times/shifts.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office.
- Must be able to operate power industrial equipment or be willing to learn it and maintain appropriate certification.
- LMS or labor management experience preferred.
- Familiar with RF and warehouse management systems preferred.
- Skilled interviewing, coaching, evaluation, discipline and record keeping preferred.
- Industry experience in logistics, supply chain, warehouse and or distribution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 4-year degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Career Level - Manager-M1McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- General office demands.
- Position includes standing, sitting, walking in a warehouse environment. Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to carry and operate a laptop/tablet.
- Must be willing to work various hours on both night shift and day shift.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join us at McKesson!
Posting ID: 552627518Posted: 2020-05-13