- Attendance is an essential function of the job
- Work in assigned area of production responsibility as scheduled in a safe and efficient manner.
- Attend departmental and branch meetings as needed to engage and complete education and training.
- Assist fellow production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Consistently seek the improvement and development in assigned role/job and skills. Seek to develop multiple areas of capability in order to support the production team.
- Create and support a culture of adherence to branch standardization in support of, financial, service, and safety goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to work assigned shift- attendance is required
- Basic Math reasoning skills
- Lifting Ability; up to 25-50 pounds continuously; Push/Pull Ability; up to 150 pounds assisted
- Capability to work in a fast-paced work environment that may have fluctuating temperatures and loud noise levels while working with machinery in a safe and conscientious manner
- Must be able to adhere to safety standards
- One year of industrial laundry experience
- Capability of understanding work instructions in English
DEPARTMENTS AND DUTIES - Quality workmanship, teamwork and regular attendance are essential in these roles: Soil operations:
Receive; scan (track) bags of soiled garments onto counting tables. Examine articles to be cleaned, according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required.
Inspect soiled articles to determine sources of stains, to locate color imperfections, and to identify items requiring special treatment or repair.
Place soiled garments/products into push carts (or other designated material handling equipment) for delivery to wash and dry aisle. Dry Fold:
Take clean product (gowns, aprons, towels, etc.) from basket, inspect product quality and place product into folding machine
Feed clean towels into bagging machine; inspecting product quality prior to feeding into bagging machine.
Hand sort, inspect and fold clean product.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions. Garments:
Place garments in proper areas for steam tunnel, iron or finishing.
Place garments on hangers and hang on conveyor for steam tunnel processing.
Iron press applicable products and transfer finished products to Bundling.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions.
Inspect garments to determine if minor sewing repair is necessary or if garments need to be replaced.
Perform sewing tasks, such as zipper and button repairs, mending hems, etc. Ability to use sewing machine.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify engineering of any malfunctions Mat:
Roll mats using rolling machines
Put mats into storage
Fill mat orders: sort rugs into carts for route preparation
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions. Bundling:
Bundle garments/product in a logical and coherent manner to ensure proper delivery to customer(s).
Verify or count finished products to determine if product bundles or orders are complete.
Load cleaned garments/product onto distribution trucks or other like material handling equipment for proper customer delivery.