Come join our team as a Production Employee!
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be able to be cross-trained to perform a variety of tasks that may include: receive and sort laundry, inspect garment/coverall for all mending needs, operate equipment such as dryers and ironers, and bundling of clean garments to be re-distributed to our customers.
AmeriPride Services offers competitive compensation and benefit packages. For more information, please visit www.AmeriPride.com. AmeriPride Services, Inc., a nationally recognized leader in the uniform rental industry, has been delivering exceptional service to all our customers since 1889. We have grown into a multi-national organization operating 196 production facilities and service centers throughout the United States and Canada. Over 200,000 customers experience AmeriPride every week.
AmeriPride Services Inc. is one of North America's elite providers in branded identity apparel and facilities services programs. AmeriPride develops customized uniform and facility services programs for our customers that will enhance their employees' image, provide brand identity apparel and products, and promote the safety of their employees and clients through a full portfolio on innovative products and services.Responsibilities:
- Attendance is an essential function of the job
- Work in assigned area of production responsibility as scheduled in a safe and efficient manner.
- Attend departmental and branch meetings as needed to engage and complete education and training.
- Assist fellow production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Consistently seek the improvement and development in assigned role/job and skills. Seek to develop multiple areas of capability in order to support the production team.
- Create and support a culture of adherence to branch standardization in support of, financial, service, and safety goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to work assigned shift- attendance is required
- Basic Math reasoning skills
- Lifting Ability; up to 25-50 pounds continuously; Push/Pull Ability; up to 150 pounds assisted
- Capability to work in a fast-paced work environment that may have fluctuating temperatures and loud noise levels while working with machinery in a safe and conscientious manner
- Must be able to adhere to safety standards
- One year of industrial laundry experience
- Capability of understanding work instructions in English
DEPARTMENTS AND DUTIES - Quality workmanship, teamwork and regular attendance are essential in these roles:Soil operations:
Receive; scan (track) bags of soiled garments onto counting tables. Examine articles to be cleaned, according to color, fabric, dirt content, and cleaning technique required.
Inspect soiled articles to determine sources of stains, to locate color imperfections, and to identify items requiring special treatment or repair.
Place soiled garments/products into push carts (or other designated material handling equipment) for delivery to wash and dry aisle.Dry Fold:
Take clean product (gowns, aprons, towels, etc.) from basket, inspect product quality and place product into folding machine
Feed clean towels into bagging machine; inspecting product quality prior to feeding into bagging machine.
Hand sort, inspect and fold clean product.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions.Garments:
Place garments in proper areas for steam tunnel, iron or finishing.
Place garments on hangers and hang on conveyor for steam tunnel processing.
Iron press applicable products and transfer finished products to Bundling.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions.
Inspect garments to determine if minor sewing repair is necessary or if garments need to be replaced.
Perform sewing tasks, such as zipper and button repairs, mending hems, etc.
Ability to use sewing machine.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify engineering of any malfunctionsMat:
Roll mats using rolling machines
Put mats into storage
Fill mat orders: sort rugs into carts for route preparation
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions.Iron Operations:
Take clean napkins from basket, inspect for quality, place product into machine for processing
Take clean tablecloths/sheets from basket, inspect for quality, clip corners into machine and feed through machine.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify engineering of any malfunctions.Bundling:
Bundle garments/product in a logical and coherent manner to ensure proper delivery to customer(s).
Verify or count finished products to determine if product bundles or orders are complete.
Load cleaned garments/product onto distribution trucks or other like material handling equipment for proper customer delivery.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
If you have a disability that prevents you from applying through the standard process you may request an accommodation by sending an email to: email@example.com. Please do not use this alternative method for general inquiries, status of applications or other non-alternative access questions as you will not receive a response.