vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha's Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines, we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian's philosophy that "every day should feel this good" and "if you're doing what you love, you'll be successful".
Now is an exciting time to join vineyard vines. In order to keep-up with our growing and evolving business needs, we need smart and talented individuals to join our crew to help us to drive the good life!
Reporting into the Sr. Director of Men's Merchandise the Men's Merchant will be responsible for working with the design and planning team to produce profitable customer-focused quality product that continues to drive the business.You Will:
What you bring:
- Act as the cross-functional liaison to execute seasonal assortments from concept through commercialization.
- Manage adherence to seasonal development calendar across all channels and departments.
- Analyze weekly sales reports, highlighting product voids and opportunities to Director of Merchandising.
- Evaluate competitive landscape on continuous basis to ensure voids within the brand are identified and opportunities for future growth are realized.
- Manage assortment sheet creation and distribution while also overseeing Blue Cherry maintenance.
- Create product assortments that offer both basics and fashion with price points being well balanced.
- Produce seasonal documents including scorecard overviews, presentation decks, assortment rankings
- Partner with Director of Merchandising and Design counterparts to prepare for Board Reviews and Line Adoptions. Take the lead board and sample edits.
- Create Product Knowledge for Retail Stores and Product Details for web and digital business.
- Lead Lookbook creation process for department.
- Manage Merchandising Assistant. Promote team building, personal growth and professional development of direct report.
Every-day will feel this good because:
- 4 years of Merchandising or related experience required
- Previous management experience of 1 or more team members required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills; comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Team-oriented with ability to interact with partners across the organization at all levels
- Must have strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLook Ups, etc.)
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills required
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy required
- Excellent product sensibility and ability to merchandise assortments in an appealing way
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- We have an entrepreneurial culture filled with truly "good" people
- Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas" where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- We have a fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruit, snacks, and drinks to help you stay energized while on-deck.
- We have flexible working hours to accommodate your personal life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave
- We'll invest in your career. Our company is continuing to grow and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs.
Posting ID: 552627782Posted: 2020-05-27