DescriptionSenior Accounting Policy Manager
Position will work with the Director of Accounting Policy and Treasury Controllership.
Responsibilities include research of complex accounting issues, preparation of accounting support documentation and compilation of quarterly and annual executive level reports. The position will also be involved in coordinating internal technical training and accounting related communications.
- Conduct accounting research and advise internal customers on the proper accounting for transactions that are significant and complex in nature.
- Solid knowledge of hedge accounting, securitization accounting, as well as the accounting for mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to listen to complex issues, understand key goals, and propose solutions compliant with US GAAP.
- Interface with internal and external auditors, bank regulators, and executive management.
- Implement new US. GAAP accounting pronouncements throughout organization that meet Huntington's business objectives.
- Assist with the coordination of the quarterly Accounting Policy Committee meeting and the Disclosure Review Committee meeting.
- Assist with other Corporate Accounting activities, including advising on the preparation and SEC, Regulatory and Shareholder reports.
- Maintain Huntington's Corporate Accounting Policy database as well as support for other technical accounting guidance.
- Huntington's Corporate Accounting Policies have been designed to ensure that accounting across the organization is consistent and complies with all generally accepted accounting principles, including FASB, EITF and SEC promulgations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- CPA required.
- A minimum of 7 years' accounting experience that includes US GAAP or SEC technical accounting experience and work with accounting policies and accounting research.
- Experience at a large public accounting firm working with financial institutions is strongly preferred.
- Experience preparing technical accounting written communications and financial services industry experience.
- Experience with Treasury activities and hedge accounting preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Posting ID: 552628230Posted: 2020-03-11