DescriptionSENIOR COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE CLOSER
: Position Summary
- Directly responsible for integrity of loan closing. Which includes due diligence, documentation, compliance, loan booking, closing files and post-closing follow up for assigned CRE customers and loans.
- Responsible for providing a "Category of One" experience to customers and business partners (both internal and external), while adhering to sound risk management practices.
- Work directly with customers, outside counsel, external consultants, Credit Administration, CRE and other business segment Sales Managers, Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers, Loan Administrators and CSS and CSA colleagues.
- Responsible for initiating and driving the loan closing process, coordinating the activities, decisions, and communications among the CRE deal team with the customer, outside counsel and third parties.
- Responsible for integrity of loan closings, due diligence, documentation, compliance, loan booking, closing files and post-closing follow up. Including but not limited to: review and sign closing documents, ensure that the loan documents and terms conform to credit approval and Bank policies and that requirements to close the loan are in place and that all exceptions have been identified and mitigated prior to closing.
- Responsible for proactive identification of potential risks and adverse situations that may impact the bank's interest. Communicate and/or escalate risks, pursue corrective action and drive solutions, while possessing a "can do" attitude.
- Review and approve attorney prepared and borrower submitted legal documents and other items needed to satisfy closing conditions including but not limited to, title commitments, third party contracts, project budget (sources and uses of funds), verification of owner's equity, title company settlement statement, flood determination, property insurance, etc.
- Prepare Bank closing statement and when applicable, escrow instructions to properly reflect priority of lien and record transaction fees and expenses.
- Responsible for documenting and timely clearing post-closing items and collateral exceptions, manage closing checklist and closing files according to business segment standards.
- If applicable, attend closings with customers and outside counsel, sign documents and authorize closing as an officer representing Huntington. May represent bank group on syndicated or arranged transactions in which Huntington is the Lead Bank, Administrative Agent or Documentation Agent on loans typically greater than $30 million.
- May support other business segments' with real estate closings when the construction contract is $5 million or greater. Develop and maintain positive relationship with business partners and customers while adhering to the CRE policies and procedures.
- Assist other CSA colleagues to maintain Pipeline Report, trouble-shoot, research and special projects.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without compromising quality.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and demeanor.
- Excellence in customer service, highly motivated, focused and goal oriented.
- Exemplify the "Category of One" brand by demonstrating confidence, assertiveness, professionalism and respect for others while interacting with all levels within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 5+ years of Commercial Real Estate closing and/or documentation experience required.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Posting ID: 552628338Posted: 2020-03-11