Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech's Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group is seeking Junior Proposal Manager who is eager to learn and lead bids as a member of the MCIS Proposal Management Office. This position requires interface with all levels of employees and management. The position will be based in our Herndon, VA office and will lead proposals in support of the breadth of our customers, with a focus on the Intelligence Community. The Proposal Manager will lead multi-disciplinary teams by applying iterative development techniques to develop technical, management, past performance, and personnel content for various response types including White Papers, Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), IDIQ Task Orders, and strategic opportunities. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an energizing and rewarding environment and be an integral and valued member of the business development team, this is an opportune time to join ManTech. We are growing and employees have a great opportunity to expand their skills. Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of a proposal leadership team to research, analyze, prepare, and submit proposals for Government projects
- Ensures proposal submissions are compliant with applicable RFP or RFI instructions and that they comply with company proposal best practices
- Reviews requests for proposals (RFPs) or requests for information (RFIs) requirements
- Drives the proposal process and is proactive to meet milestones
- Partners with Solution Architects, Capture Managers, and account leaders to develop the proposal response approach
- Ensures agreed upon elements are incorporated into a cohesive and persuasive format
- Works in conjunction with capture or business development personnel in developing and generating strategies, themes and discriminators for responses
- Leads and participates in proposal reviews
- Ensures the effective application of iterative proposal development techniques in support of the maturation of proposal sections
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
- BA or equivalent + 3 years related experience
- Experience in managing tasks and resources in an uncertain, dynamic, and fluid operational environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate and negotiate with C-Level executives internally and externally
- Experience writing clear, logical, and persuasive responses in a variety of technical and non-technical documents
- Experience working in a fast paced, team environment and be adaptable to changing priorities
- Experience in cross-functional team management
- High level of written and spoken English required
- Expert level skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills Interpersonal and People Skills
- An active TS/SCI is desired, but must be willing to obtain a clearance.
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.