Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The Systems Security Administrator position supports a national security focused customer providing systems security services administration to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of national security systems. The position requires traditional systems administration skills such as installing, updating, troubleshooting, and maintaining systems, with the addition of security administration such as applying application and operating system hardening techniques to servers, workstations, virtual machines, and network components, conducting vulnerability scans using a combination of COTS and GOTS toolkit, and assesses the level of risk and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation. The Systems Security Administrator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains servers, workstations, network appliances and systems configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability and administers system accounts.
- Conducts threat and vulnerability assessments of systems and networks within the enclave and determine deviations from acceptable configurations or policies.
- Assesses the level of risk and develops and/or recommends appropriate mitigation countermeasures.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem solving support.- Oversee installation, implementation, configuration, and support of system components.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Maintain baseline system security according to organizational policies.
- Comply with organization systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Maintain deployable cyber defense audit toolkit (e.g., specialized cyber defense software and hardware) to support cyber defense audit missions.
- Prepare audit reports that identify technical and procedural findings, and provide recommended remediation strategies/solutions.
- Working skill with UNIX, LINUX, Windows and CISCO operating environments and various software applications.
- Skill in basic system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques.
- Skill in using network analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of packet-level analysis using appropriate tools (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump).
- Working skill with DISA Information Assurance Support Environment (IASE), Secure Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG).
- Conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Ability to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data.
- Knowledge of network protocols (e.g., Transmission Critical Protocol/Internet Protocol [TCP/IP], Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol [DHCP]), and directory services (e.g., Domain Name System [DNS]).
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).- Knowledge of how traffic flows across the network (e.g., Transmission Control Protocol [TCP] and Internet Protocol [IP], Open System Interconnection Model [OSI], Information Technology Infrastructure Library, current version [ITIL]).
- Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
- Skill in assessing the application of cryptographic standards.
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure [PKI]).
Education and Certifications:
- Actively being used or within scope DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Ability to obtain a favorable Counter Intelligence (CI) Polygraph.- At least three (3) years of experience as an Cyber Defense Analyst or Vulnerability Analyst on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government.
- Experience with testing methods, automated tools, plans, and procedures for verification of compliance and vulnerability requirements.
- Experience with modern networks, operating systems, databases, and virtual computing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate across teams and organizations, including senior level management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools. (Power Point, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Travel will be required
Required Intermediate/Journeyman level. DoD 8570 IAT-II Baseline Certification : COMPTIA Security+- Preferred: Associates, Applied Science (AAS) in Information Services Technology, Cybersecurity, or Computer Information Systems.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.