Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Systems Administrator to join our team in Hanover, MD.
As a Systems Administrator you will perform system administration functions for Linux, Windows, and Mac-based machines and provide software services support to development and test users on a large scale network. Must be a self-starter with a background in Unix/Linux, Windows systems administration and configuration of VMWare. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build, configure and maintain Windows and Linux virtual machines to facilitate software acquisition and hosting
- Provide software service support to end users requesting: cross-domain file transfers, software licenses, and software installation/activation support
- Download, transfer and maintain software repositories, perform software asset management tasks, and maintain software asset metadata in software asset database
- Monitor Atlassian JIRA for service requests and triage per established procedures
- Collaborate with team members to design and implement a network environment supporting Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Integrate new technologies into existing production environment
- Modify scripts as needed to automate repetitive tasks
- Work with a team to troubleshoot software download and activation problems
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Windows/Linux systems administration of hardware and software in support of developing and testing of Information Technology systems
- Proficiency in working with applicable network devices to include repeaters, bridges, routers, gateways, and hubs
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience in administration of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows NT, Unix, and Linux operating systems
- Minimum five (5) years experience with computer networking protocols including, but not limited to TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, and DNS
- Customer service experience and orientation, and attention to detail
- Self-starter with positive attitude and team player
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing virtual environments (VMWare ESX, Workstation)
- Experience with cross-domain transfers desirable
- Experience with multi-site repositories desirable
- Experience with MacOS a plus
- Scripting experience a plus (Bash, Shell, Python, Perl)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations
- Working With Data
- Move about freely in a laboratory setting
- Repetitive Motions
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.