Secure our Nation, Ignite your FutureJob Description
Reviews, analyzes and prepares contractor, sub-contractor and customer program submits, including accident risk assessment reports; preliminary hazard analyses, system hazard analyses, tracking system and system inspection checklists, ground and range safety and orbital safety procedures and accident and incident investigation analyses; reviews and analyzes program development documentation for new and ongoing program including design criteria, specification and drawing, test operations and maintenance procedures, safety equipment and personal protective clothing, trade-off studies and siting plans; conducts independent and complex analyses to evaluate system design, accident risk factors and hazard energy sources and recommends major abatement or mitigation actions to prevent or correct safety hazards; prepares test plans, monitors results and prepares final test reports; conducts special analyses as directed. Requires Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience and two to four years of related experience.
ManTech is responsible for assisting our Government customer ensure that material solutions developed or acquired by Marine Corps Systems Command are system engineered, integrated, interoperable, and certified to provide the warfighter with equipment required to accomplish their mission.
To do that, ManTech assists our customer conduct the detailed systems engineering analysis, establishes technical policies and guidance across the Command, and manage the technical investigation and distributed planning required to deliver world class Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) systems capabilities to the warfighter. Job Duties:
Duties included work planning, special assignments, scheduling, and providing guidance to subordinates on technical and administrative matters. Review inspection reports and ergonomics surveys ensuring accuracy and providing recommendations. Examine and evaluate organizational safety program management based on knowledge of OSHA, State, DoD, Marine Corps, and other Federal Safety Standards as they relate to the installation's ground safety program.
Able to carefully assess full scope of mission requirements and develop achievable safety goals through the use of the Enterprise Safety Application Management System (ESAMS). Comfortable briefing all organizational tiers and well versed at decision making justification for plan development and execution. General Responsibilities
: We are looking for a Security Specialist to:
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
- Analyze Safety Equipment
- Ensuring consistent compliance with all applicable safety requirements during an investigation pertaining to, law, regulations, orders, policies and procedures.
- Investigate mishap, property damage and near miss incidents to engage in the series of events and gain an understanding of the causes to advance towards the effective actions to mitigate or eradicate the hazards.
- Advise numerous Commands and Units on safety issues involving recreation and off-duty safety, mishap prevention and controls, the use and care of personal protective equipment, hazard communication, and other potential problem areas that could lead to injury, damage to property, or tort liability. Participated in course content review boards.
- Provide recommendations regarding the areas of environmental, system safety, safety, and occupational health for acquisition areas of responsibility (e.g., safety releases, risk acceptances, regulatory guidance, etc.), and verify that DoD programs adhere to regulations and best practices such as DoDI 5000.02 and MIL-STD-882.
- Provide independent analysis of programmatic ESOH efforts, approving safety releases, ensuring ESOH efforts are integrated into overall systems engineering activities, providing integrated logistics assessments and milestone and fielding recommendations, providing subject matter expert (SME) review and recommendations for acquisition program safety requirement
DoDI 5000.02 and MIL-STD 882 safety guidance and best practices
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations
National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) Degrees:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experienceSkills:
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.