Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Cyber Security Analyst
in Washington DC
area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As an IDS Analyst, you will monitor and analyze network traffic, IDS alerts, network and system logs, and available open source information to detect and report threats to customer networks. You will perform CERT/SOC operations to include IDS event monitoring and analysis, security incident handling, incident reporting, and threat analysis. To be successful in this role you should be familiar with common Intrusion Detection Systems, virus and malware behavior, and intrusion methodologies. You will also be responsible for determining appropriate response action(s) required to mitigate risk and provide threat and damage assessment for security threats which may impact the customer networks.In this role you will also be responsible for the analysis and reporting of cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions. Additional duties may include providing intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments. Hours: Wed - Sat
(6 a.m.- 4 p.m.) Required Qualifications
- 1 year hands-on experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following: Computer network surveillance/monitoring.
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures.
- Experience in computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery, and/or Computer network forensics.
- Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response, Intrusion detection.
- A bachelors degree in a related discipline is preferred, however, equivalent years of hands-on analysis and reporting experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Applicants must be able to work in a team environment. Some travel may be required.
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure.
- Ability to use PC, MS Office, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills.
- Interpersonal and People Skills with Multi Tasking.
- Ability,Organizational Skills,Switchboard or Computer Operating Skills.
- Previous operational experience in a CIRT, SOC, or CERT environment.
- Additional knowledge areas of value include malware analysis, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and computer forensics.
- Prior experience with data visualization products such as Palantir.
- Prior experience with ArcSight, NetWitness, and Remedy.
: Applicants MUST HAVE an active TOP SECRET security clearance with eligibility to obtain SCI with CI Poly. Physical Requirements:
- Sedentary work that primarily involves frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers.
- Sedentary work includes sitting/standing/walking/Talking and may constantly positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another.
- Working with Computers.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.