Secure our Nation, Ignite your FuturePrimary Location:
Annapolis Junction, MDClearance:
Minimum Active DoD Secret and ability to obtain/maintain DHS suitability Summary:
Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code. That's why we need you, a DevOps engineer, to help us shorten the time it takes to get critical tools developed and into the hands of our users who need them to make better decisions using data through a continuously adaptive, customer centric environment. As a DevOps engineer on our team, you'll help streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You'll incorporate DevOps tools, automation, and private cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team's developers to do what they do best - innovate. You'll work with the team to implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to build your experience in automation and deployment processes while developing software that will spur innovation. Minimum Qualifications:
The DevOps Tools Engineer will have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of industry DevOps tools, including UrbanCode, Ant, Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, Openshift, GitLab, Chef, Nexus, Docker, or Puppet
- Administration of Patching/updating of various listed tool
- 5+ years of experience with Linux Administration and bash or shell scripting
- 4+ years of experience in working closely with Release Management teams and Automation Testing teams
- 1-4+ years of experience with configuration management and designing and developing DevOps solution architecture
- Experience in designing branching strategies with Git (especially with workflows such as Git Flow) and creating jobs and pipelines in Jenkins for CI/CD
- Experience with working in an Agile environment with multiple teams operating in parallel to accomplish large initiative deployments
- Scripting language experience including tools similar to Python and/or Groovy
- Experience with administering, developing, and evolving CI/CD processes and leveraging the DevOps frameworks working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with versioning
The DevOps Tools Engineer will be responsible for the following processes and duties:
- Installs, configures, upgrades and monitors software and tools including GitLab, Urban Code, Nexus, Jenkins, Chef, Maven, Ant, Puppet.
- Administer/manage deployment operations including code and database changes across all environments in an on-premise infrastructure development and production environments using/enhancing tools such as Urban Code Deploy and Release;
- Configures and maintains automated builds and deployments
- Works with the development teams to establish a development process using branching and versioning to maximize development throughput within a CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop automated development and deployment processes with opensource CI/CD tools such as GitLab.
- Documents processes, tools, software and scripts.
- Assisting with test automation using tools like Selenium, Rational Functional Tester, WebDriver, Junit and JSUnit.
Bachelor of Science, preferably in Computer Science or related, or 3-4+ additional years of related experience. Working Hours:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-4:30 pm Physical Requirements:
Sedentary work; must be able to type
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.