Sr. Client Accountant Job Description Summary
The Senior Accountant provides oversight and direction regarding the primary accounting, bill payment/processing, financial support, and, as needed, administrative/clerical support for the Financial Manager and Property/Facility Managers. This position is expected to work closely with a Financial Manager and is responsible for maintaining and updating financial records using data bases, spreadsheets, and accounting systems that track expenditures, revenue, receipts, cash flow, and other financial activities. This position has a high degree of discretion and independent judgment, usually supervises and directs Accounting Coordinators and Accountants, and may act as an inside consultant on finance, accounting, tax, and billing matters. Job Description
•Oversees the preparation of all invoices for entry into the accounting system, monitors the entry of information and data, and verifies invoice accuracy, coding and data entry for submission to property management and manages associated record keeping.
• Develops and maintains the records of financial transactions for the establishment. Verifies, allocates, and oversees the posting of details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
• Oversees the preparation and submission of documentation for expense reports and variance process and obtains necessary approvals and checks for accuracy and accordance with established procedures and policies.
• Responsible for the preparation and compilation of reports and analysis to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business. Ensures the maintenance, updating and effective summarization of applicable ledgers and computer files/reports.
• Supervises Accountants and Accounting Coordinators.
• May be assigned to either accounts payable or receivable and may oversee the handling of billing/invoicing, cash receipts, data entry, budgets and budgeting, expenses, sales receipts, vendor service contracts, timesheets and payroll, and some administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
• May be responsible for the oversight of other accounting, reporting, and record keeping functions as assigned. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years relevant accounting experience preferred
- Or any similar combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with accounting or database software packages
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use a 10 Key computer board
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.