Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Products and Platform Technology (Node.js, Angular, AWS)
Enterprise Products & Platforms is laying the groundwork to develop stellar experiences today, and support future experiences we haven't yet dreamt up. We believe in arming the business with a strong foundation of products that leaves them empowered to innovate and create incredible customer experiences.We partner to solve business problems that move us all forward. We strive to be a reliable and productive partner today, and an innovative trailblazer for tomorrow
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess excellent design and coding skills and a zeal for building applications using open source frameworks for cloud native technologies.
- Be responsible for all aspects of SDLC of existing and new components.
- Be comfortable building UIs using modern frameworks (React, Angular 4+ with Typescript, Vue.js), CSS/SCSS and HTML, backend microservices with Node.js, Golang, or Java (Spring Boot, Tomcat), and relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra) with full ownership of shipping user-facing enterprise products.
- Focus on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in a full-stack development tools and technologies
- Possess a strong sense of engineering quality and takes pride in the code they're responsible for while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It You Own It attitude
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Build resilient UX, APIs, and Microservices using latest technologies
- Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and deep monitoring of applications and services
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of the system, determine the priority of work, and ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Leverage DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in Application Development using Node.js
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- Master's or Minor in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience developing RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- 2+ years of experience in developing UNIX and Shell Scripts
- 2+ years of experience in Testing frameworks and Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, and SoapUI
- 2+ years of experience in Container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or Amazon ECS
- 2+ years of experience with Artifactory, Nexus and GitHub
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).