NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Auditor, Consumer Compliance Audit Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Principal Auditor interested in becoming part of our Audit team. In this role as a member of the Consumer Compliance Audit Team, the candidate will have the opportunityto perform professional internal auditing work that involves conducting operational, financial and compliance audit projects and providing input to the annual audit plan.Responsibilities:
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- Lead small audits, or own completion of significant components of larger audits.
- Develop engagement planning documentation for assigned areas to communicate rationale for scoping decisions and develop audit programs to ensure adequate coverage of risks.
- Design and execute appropriate audit procedures to verify the effectiveness of internal controls. Document auditee processes and procedures, review and analyze evidence, and identify potential issues.
- Prepare clear, organized, and complete documentation to support work performed, including draft findings.
- Establish and maintain good client and team relations during engagements. Effectively communicate information and audit progress to team, clients and auditor-in-charge.
- Self-prioritize and effectively plan your own work activities managing multiple priorities and tasks across the team to deliver quality results. Proactively take on additional work to support the team when possible.
- Provide coaching, on-the-job training, and feedback to audit staff, including junior associates and recent hires.
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in auditing, accounting, financial analysis, compliance, or a combination
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- 2+ years of experience in banking or in financial services
- 1+ years of experience in performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).