7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer - Risk & Anti-Money Laundering Technology Senior Data Engineer - Risk & Anti-Money Laundering Technology
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking Data Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our Risk Technology team. As a Capital One Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about #lifeatcapitalone and also our commitment to diversity & inclusion by jumping to slides 25-40 on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report. Do you want to re-imagine how we manage risk and build industry-leading products that users love? This may be the place for you, if:
By joining our Risk & Anti-Money Laundering Technology team, you will:
- You're passionate about engineering and obsess about code quality, performance, and CI/CD
- You like to work and grow your skills in modern architecture and latest open source technologies: Microservices, Docker, Scala, Java, Spark, Kafka, and many more
- You take an interest in infrastructure resiliency and how your code actually works at runtime: OS, network, and AWS cloud
- You thrive in a continuously learning and collaborative environment by reviewing other's code and asking them to do the same for you
- You enjoy participating in forums, hackathons, meetups, and conferences
- You are self-driven and own your work by building systems to succeed in production, and you take charge to fix them when they don't
What we have:
- Build cutting-edge platforms and machine learning-driven capabilities to support investigations of Anti-Money Laundering and to identify and prevent other financial crimes
- Build microservices and data pipelines to fully automate and integrate the full lifecycle of issues and events management into our real-time, event-based data ecosystem in the public cloud
- Help develop sustainable data solutions with current and leading gen data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Grasp and master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions with full-stack development tools and technologies
- Possess a strong sense of engineering quality and take pride in the code you're responsible for, while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It You Own It attitude
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of the system, determine the priority of work, and ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Leverage DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- A startup mindset with the backing of a top 10 bank
- Flexible work schedules
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- Continuous learning, development, and growth opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in Java
- At least 2 years of experience with Cloud technology
- At least 2 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- At least 1 year of experience in Spark
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Master's Degree
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years in coding in data management, data warehousing or unstructured data environments
- 2+ years of experience in microservices architecture
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 2+ years of experience mentoring team members
- 1+ year of experience in Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- 1+ year of experience in Scala
- 1+ year of experience in Kafka
- 1+ year of experience in DynamoDB
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).