West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager DevOps Engineer (Enterprise Products and Platforms Technology)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
As a Capital One DevOps Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about #lifeatcapitalone and our commitment to diversity & inclusion by jumping to slides 25-40 on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
Enterprise Products & Platforms is laying the groundwork to develop stellar experiences today, and support future experiences we haven't yet dreamt up. We believe in arming the business with a strong foundation of products that leaves them empowered to innovate and create incredible customer experiences.We partner to solve business problems that move us all forward. We strive to be a reliable and productive partner today, and an innovative trailblazer for tomorrow.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with passionate professionals in the DevOps and developer community at Capital One. In addition, you will bring strong cloud expertise, excellent communication skills, and a passion for documentation. You will be insatiably curious - you ask why, you explore, and are not be afraid to share your ideas. Last but not least, you love learning new technologies-we're always evolving!What you'll be doing:
- Working with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems and determine priority of needs.
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod cloud environments.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices
- Automate the provisioning of environments
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for search system components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the production environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- At least 8 years of experience implementing automated environment delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
- At least 3 years of leading technical projects
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- At least 6 years of experience in an availability critical system implementation.
- At least 6 years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps and Cloud Engineering environment.
- At least 4 years of experience with Open Source tools such as Chef and Jenkins.
- At least 4 years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting.
- At least 4 years of experience in AWS.
- At least 4 years of experience with OOP concepts and with modern scripting languages and frameworks.
- At least 4 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
- At least 3 years of experience with monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, Zabbix).
- At least 3 years of experience with Container technology using Docker.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).