McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Data Engineer - Python Spark (CreditWise)
More than 35 million users rely on us to help them understand, improve, and protect their credit. That's why we're here - a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers, working to make a difference in people's lives. Hey, maybe you should be here, too.
With over 10 million monthly active users across our Web, Android, and iOS apps, CreditWise is a fantastic place to lead, work, and grow. You'll be part of a team of motivated, passionate engineers building awesome features using the latest technologies at scale.
Keep reading if:
- You love working with engineers doing the best work of their lives
- You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the user
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries
- You are motivated by a mission to help users improve their financial well-being
- You are excited by the idea of using data to drive innovation
What you'll do:
- Deliver to production amazing features and architectures that are scalable, available, and secure
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and Developers to find the best solution possible
- Develop your technical skills to prepare yourself and CreditWise for the future
- Push the boundaries of what data and technology can do for our users
What we're looking for:
- Great technical instincts. You are good at solving problems and writing clean code.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- A love for working in ambiguity - and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way; This is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts.
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides to come to the best solution for everyone.
- Delivery focus. You are driven to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You measure success by working features in production.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of experience in software or data engineering within an Agile environment
- At least 2 years of experience in open source programming languages
- At least 2 years experience in data management and data warehousing
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years experience working with Spark
- 2+ years experience using Hadoop/HDFS and streaming with Kafka
- 3+ years of experience in Python/Scala
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 2+ years of experience with databases
- 2+ years of experience writing ETL data pipelines
At this time, Capital Onewill notsponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).