Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG. Job SummaryA Food Labeling Specialist is responsible for reviewing, updating and approving labeling designs for Marketing and Brand Design. This person will develop mandatory label information and review claims to ensure compliance with federal regulations. Will work across functions and communicate with all functional teams on labeling related and compliance matters.
- Provide U.S. food labeling guidance and collaborate cross functionally with Government Affairs, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Nutrition, Marketing, Product Development and others to leverage regulations to help the company be competitive in the marketplace.
- Participate in team brainstorming to provide creative options and solutions to assist the brand(s) on the development of new product names and claims.
- Provide answers to labeling compliance-related questions.
- Assist in the improvement of labeling systems and processes to help with consistency and agility.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities.
- Communicates up-to-date knowledge and interpretation of current and pending labeling regulations.
- Responsible for obtaining USDA/FSIS label approval, temporary approvals and extensions for U.S. products and assisting Canadian labeling team with approvals for products exported to Canada.
- Review all product related artwork and ensure it meets food regulatory and internal requirements.
- Responsible for the development of mandatory label copy which includes product name, weight statement, ingredient statement, allergen declaration, kosher, nutrition facts panel and claims which meet government requirements and standard of identities. This includes ensuring compliance with all label related health and wellness claims.
- Participate in the development of training regarding new/changed labeling regulations, trends, etc. that may impact the Organization's brands or coordinated brands.
- Participate in developing and updating appropriate food labeling policies and procedures as needed.
- BS in Food Science, Nutrition or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years of food industrial experience in labeling or regulatory affairs.
- Experience with different food formats
- Working knowledge of FDA and USDA food label regulations and documentation requirements
- Ability to work with multiple database systems and network efficiently to get information required to complete tasks.
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to provide creative solutions
- Knowledge of food product development and processes
- Understanding of food safety and allergens
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented and self-motivator
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Posting ID: 552629192Posted: 2020-03-11