Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG. Position Summary:TheProcess Engineerwill work with some supervision in order to develop practical and critical skills necessary to improve the operation, yield and efficiency of our manufacturing facilities. The position is designed to expand commercialization strength and to develop long term career employees for Conagra. Actual work will be focused on developing the requirements for critical transformations, developing performance based specifications, and providing the widest possible solution space. The work must be focused on consumer benefits designed for profitability, operability, efficiency, and vertical start up.
Basic Position Requirements:
- Learn and apply the Methodology of Product/Process/Package Development (MOPD).
- Develop and define modifications to manufacturing processes that accommodate specific consumer and marketplace requirements for new and existing products, while meeting process, quality, and cost objectives.
- Define the physical, chemical, and biological transformations that must occur to produce new and existing food products.
- Meet or exceed project objectives under the direction of a supervisor.
- Execute bench-top and pilot plant testing to prove hypotheses that are identified during trouble-shooting of manufacturing processes.
- Review and analyze results of experiments and trials in order to provide process recommendations.
- Prepare results for review and present findings.
- Provide technical support in manufacturing facilities as required.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and distill them to Intellectual Property.
- Monitor consumer trends and wants/needs within the food industry.
- Be flexible in learning and applying new ways of doing your work.
- Assist in providing technical leadership on projects as required.
- BS Chemical, Food, or Biological Engineering required. MS preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience or internship history desired. 5 years preferred.
- Experience with process technology documentation, including Process Flow Sheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Mass and Energy Balances, Process Control Strategies, and Process Specifications.
- Experience with process technology including mixing and blending, flow control, plate heat exchangers, temperature regulation, scraped surface heat exchangers, homogenizers, Ammonia, Nitrogen/CO2 cooling/freezing methods and equipment, Sanitary/ Aseptic package Fillers, and CIP systems preferred.
- Understanding of Design of Experiment methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Adept in using and maintaining a lab notebook.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and nonverbal) and the ability to present to leadership.
- Familiarity with project management fundamentals.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated strong leadership (Interpersonal, Team, and Organizational) and decision making skills.
- Structured problem solving skills (preferred Six Sigma and other problem solving models).
- Technical judgment and prioritization skills.
- Skilled in a Deliverables and Success Criteria-based environment.
- Risk Anticipation and mitigation.
- Experience working with external work partners, vendors, and suppliers on sensitive/confidential matters.
- Experience in identifying, documenting, and implementing Intellectual Property.
- Frequent overnight travel is required. Higher levels of travel may occur periodically as dictated by project needs.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally; lift up to 25 lbs. regularly.
- Work extensively in pilot plant and/or production plant floor environment.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
- Walking and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders.
- Bending and/or crawling; must be able to move safely and freely around machinery.
- Driving a company or rental vehicle as needed.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Posting ID: 552629378Posted: 2020-05-27