Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric omni-channel experiences for our global customer base.OUR VALUES
Our core values and standards guide our behavior every day. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, we believe everyone is a leader at A&F. We believe the people make the place. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. We are eager to understand and embrace change. We are relentless innovators who dream bold.
Primary responsibility of the architect is to work within the A&F IT and business community to ensure systems are architected utilizing industry best practices, and within the guidelines set forth by A&F.
Oversee system architectures for Customer Facing Systems in the areas of Order Management, Payments, Master Data Management (Customer, PIM, Content), Stores and central office that will meet enterprise requirements for scale, and reliability while transforming the architecture to a modern footprint. Facilitate design patterns which support reuse, test driven development, and simplification of software packages within the organization. Work with local (specific platform) architects to design solutions which meet enterprise standards. Advise solutions architects on overall technical design, for customer facing systems.
In addition, the architect will be responsible for understanding emerging IT architectures for microservices, and DevOps pipelines to making recommendations for incorporating appropriate emerging architectures into future A&F roadmaps.Responsibilities:
- Establish North Star Vision of technology landscape with area leaders for core customer facing applications and infrastructure to the new vision
- Work with Project Portfolio Management team and business stakeholders to estimate new work, create overarching solution design, and ensure both business and technical goals are met with the estimates
- Oversee Solutions Design/Architects in the space of Payments, Personalization, Order management, Stores for project delivery efforts. Advise on steps to achieve modernization goals
- Team up with the functional leaders over Store Engineering, Supply Chain Operations (Contact Centers, Payments & Omni), Store Operations to line up the business and technical roadmaps to ensure the most effective and efficient value and speed prioritization
- Develop, train, and mentor other application architects both through project work and/or POC work for solutions design. This includes regular technical updates to the team, informal and formal training sessions, and 1-1 coaching
- Serve as an advanced technical leader and as such, a role model both technically and behaviorally
- Create a roadmap with business and technical leaders to support our modernization needs as well as achieve business outcomes.
- Document architectural standards and design patterns for reference in decision-making, development and build practices. Ensure leverage and use of the architectural practices, devOps and other standards are built into future and existing projects
- Perform market assessments on new technology tools to understand capability differences amongst providers, and ensure alignment with A&F architectural and security standards.
- Partner with the infrastructure and Security teams on concept work, DevOps, solutions designs, and transformation efforts to ensure proper scope, resources and costs allocated for needs
- Support Application Rationalization efforts to simplify application landscape and standardize on modern technology.
- Lead and/or participate on technical user groups, task forces, and committees that are relevant to architecture.
- Responsible for continually growing their skills and knowledge.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 15+ years experience in various roles of technical leadership within a large-scale organization
- Personal Attributes: Self-starter, Collaborative, Curious, Strong work ethic, Highly motivated, Team oriented
- Proactive solution orientation with a drive to overcome obstacles
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Posting ID: 552629544Posted: 2020-05-27