District Mgr COO - San Antonio - West
6342 NW Loop 410, 6342 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America Req #13950
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation's largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The District Manager is responsible for building and coaching an empowered, committed high performing team to achieve results and drive Jackson Hewitt strategies by providing the most amazing service to our clients and achieving operating excellence. This position has full accountability for financial results including all key metrics and growing the overall brand within the assigned district (20-30 locations). Excellent leadership skills, communication abilities and a passion for excellence will prepare the District Manager for a successful career with Jackson Hewitt Do you have what it takes to lead our team to success?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
• Responsible for managing the local P&L, recruiting, staffing, scheduling, store set-up, store operations and implementing marketing initiatives. • Ensures the safety/security of company assets, clients, and employees through regular store visits, and training of store standards/compliance with company and government safety standards. • Responsible for building a high performing team through the recruitment, selection, guidance, training, and development of team members. Builds strong relationships within the local community. • Provide actionable strategies for retention by creating individual development plans; maintain high morale and a high retention rate for top associates. • Act as a coach and mentor to store leadership by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance. • Foster an environment where all associates are comfortable expressing their views; creates enthusiasm, passion, and a desire to excel. Set high standards and empower others to achieve. • Manages and develops the Assistant District Manager, and partners with him/her to drive sales and exceptional client service; supervises support staff to drive results in the district. • Manages budgeting, forecasting and the P&L. Identifies business opportunities to improve client attraction and retention, improves margin/profitability, accountable for financial targets and cash control and reduces expenses within the district. • Ensures execution of all company branding and operational standards. • Creates and/or approves work schedules and time cards. Monitors Dayforce during all shifts, works with Human Resources on any employee relations issues or complaints and training. • Partner with HR Business Partner to investigate, assess, and resolve employee relations matters and use company development and performance management tools and processes on a consistent basis. • Maintain relationships with brokers, property managers and landlords. Coordinate with facilities to determine Capex budget and purchases, contractor and new office build out, design and completion schedules. • Analyze store operating policies, practices and procedures and recommend changes as necessary. • Ensure adherence to all Federal, State and Company compliance regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's degree preferred.
•Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) preferred.
•Tax Management experience preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in retail management preferred.
• A passion for mentoring and developing others is a must for the District Manager.
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and engage a team, create a culture of exceptional client service and operational excellence through the execution of goals and objectives and develop strong talent that can be moved throughout the organization.
• Must be able to hold an Electronic Filing Identification Number (EFIN).
• Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral), solid planning and organizational skills, a strong understanding of the financial aspects of the retail business and prior multi-unit P & L responsibility (preferred).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK EFFORT
• Frequent walking, standing, bending, stooping, sitting, crawling and lifting.
• Ability to stand 8-10 hours per day.
• Reliable transportation, own insurance and a valid driver's license required.
• Flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays if needed.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Local travel up to 50% required (could be higher based on area). Some overnight travel, may be required. We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- Job Family Store Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Corporate
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 6342 NW Loop 410, 6342 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas, United States of America