Your Opportunity Join the growing community of 1800+ military veterans working at Smithfield Foods!
Production employees at Smithfield Foods help deliver Good Food, Responsibly
to America's dinner table. Production team members at Smithfield perform jobs such as general labor, machine operator, lead, and supervisory roles. Military Veterans have shown to be a great fit in these roles across the country. Smithfield Salutes
, our Veterans Business Resource Group, is working to make the transition from military to civilian life a seamless one for you and your family. We encourage military veterans to apply for any job at Smithfield Foods that matches your ability to lead, fix, problem solve, fix or create. For more information visit: www.smithfieldfoods.com/veterans.
Production employees at Smithfield handle materials and use hand tools, knives, machinery, and equipment to help deliver good food responsibly to America's dinner table. Production team members at Smithfield perform physically demanding work that requires good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, strength and stamina. Team members must be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
- A minimum of two (2) years of military service, active duty or reserve.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends
Applicants must also be willing and able to:
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Perform a task requiring continuous/repetitive movement, including grasping, pinching hands, flexing, and extending arms
- Stand on concrete and/or platforms for up to a 12-hour shift
- Work around animal blood and/or carcass parts
- Work with a knife (if trained)
- Work in cold areas (approximately 20-40 degrees) and/or warm areas (over 100 degrees)
- Work in an environment that is wet and humid
- Work while wearing a hard hat, hearing/eye protection, and steel-toed safety shoes
- Work in a noisy environment using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work with sanitation/cleaning chemicals
- Work around strong smells/odors
- Climb/move on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways and platforms
- Bend, stoop, and twist repetitively over the course of an entire shift
- Walk long distances
- This work is physically demanding and can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups. Some positions may require repetitive overhead lifting up to 30 lbs, single lifting of heavy objects which can weigh up to 60 lbs, or lifting of objects using mechanical assistance.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits