Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter's Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter's core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you'll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
- Continuing Education
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Responsibilities Job ID
SVH-2004910 Date Posted
Sacramento, California Schedule/Shift
Full Time/ Day Position Overview:
The Oncology Nurse Navigator is responsible for implementing the cancer navigation program. The Navigator will work closelwith the multidisciplinary team to provide early detection and treatment for our patients, in both inpatient and ambulatorysettings. The Navigator determines the needs of the cancer patient and facilitates access to appropriate in-house andcommunity resources in a timely manner. The Navigator will help patients understand the disease process, treatment options
through consultative planning and appointment coordination with their physicians. Collaborates in the development andcoordination of support functions related to cancer including but not limited to: multi-disciplinary Tumor Board, CancerCommittee, volunteer peer-to-peer support, support groups & counseling, and patient education. Serves as a professional resource in the cancer care continuum and disease process, including both solid tumor and hematological malignancies.Qualifications:Education:
Licensure and Certifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with an active license in the State of California
- Basic Life Support certification for healthcare provider required.
- Certified Oncology RN (OCN) preferred.
- Prior clinical nursing experience in an ambulatory oncology setting (Infusion, Radiation Oncology, and/or Cancer Center Clinic/physician office) required.
- Prior experience as a navigator is desirable.
- Experience working with a variety of contacts within and outside of the workplace required.
- Project or program development and management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage group processes and build effective working relationships required.
- Knowledge of disease site should include, but are not limited to, diagnosis and natural course of disease;current treatment options available, including clinical trials; associated complications of treatment and/or the disease; quality of life issues surrounding cancer and the various therapies; and survivorship.
- Knowledge of the overall cancer disease processes and treatment options.
- Dynamic and motivating teaching style in individual and group teaching settings required.
- Knowledgeable in adult teaching methodology is required: ability to deliver educational programs to staffand the community.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills including demonstrated strong physician relations.
- Knowledge of HIPPA regulations as they pertain to patient privacy and protected health information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision and effectivelyestablish work priorities.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work both independently or effectively as a team with a variety ofhealthcare specialists.
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to concentrate on multiple and varied tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills' including proficiency in public speaking is required.
- Experience with multiple computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel andPowerPoint) as well as other hospital based systems (electronic health record, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to assist with development of materials involving graphics and tables.
Sutter Valley HospitalEmployee Status:
8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Posting ID: 552772718Posted: 2020-05-21