Position Overview:JOB SUMMARY:
Provide the full scope primary care services which fall under physician's field of training, including but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventative care and health maintenance for patients sixteen years of age and above. The physician is an employed team member of Sutter Lakeside Hospital's Rural Health Clinics. The physician is expected to be familiar with the mission & vision, goals & objectives of the clinic where s/he works and to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to help achieve them. The physician must be aware of policies & procedures that govern their practice as well as pertain to state and federal regulations. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record and other technologies efficiently and seek additional training as needed and/or requested
- Diagnose and provide education, for each patient, regarding treatment options.
- Obtain health history and perform physical exam
- Review incoming reports (e.g., labs, x-ray, EKG) sign and follow-up in a timely manner, in accordance with the Documentation Standards policy.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with California statute and professional practice guidelines.
- Arrange referral(s) for patients requiring services not offered by the SLH Clinics.
- Participate in Peer Review, quality assurance, provider and staff meetings, and other clinical meetings, as assigned.
- Participate in the creation and success of Standard Work so the clinic workflows are efficient and effective with little variation from provider to provider.
- Comply with Sutter Lakeside Hospital and Clinic Infection Control plan, which includes using personal protective equipment.
- Participate in and support the organization's mission to serve our community.
- Assist in updating policies and procedures of the practice, as requested.
- Adhere to the SLH Clinics Documentations Standards policy and complete charting and tasks in a timely manner.
- Be aware of, and abide by, the Practice Standards approved by Sutter Health, for Medical Assistants, Licensed vocational Nurses, and Registered Nurses.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Graduation from an accredited Medical School - MD or DO required
- Successful completion of a medical residency program required
- Successful completion of a medical internship program required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in an area of specialty required
- Will accept new grads; prefer more experience and experience in a rural area, equivalent to 3-5 years preferred.
- Doctor of Medicine - MD, current unrestricted California Medical License required upon hire
- Doctor of Osteopathy - DO, current unrestricted California Medical License required upon hire
- Current DEA Certificate required upon hire
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - ACLS required for physicians working in the hospital
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider - NRP if appropriate for role in hospital
Sutter Lakeside Hospital, LakeportEmployee Status:
RegularEmployee Referral Bonus:
8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Posting ID: 552772731Posted: 2020-05-21