Position Overview:Primary Purpose
TheNursingAttendant provides basicnursing care to a patient population under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. JOB ACCOUNTABILITIESPatient Care
- Provides care with respect and attention to patient privacy, age specific needs and cultural diversity.
- Responds to call lights promptly and routinely rounds on patients.
- Follows direction of RN and completes assigned tasks independently.
- Demonstrates ability to perform basic nursing care procedures including, but no limited to:
- Vital Signs
- Linen Changes
- Positioning, transferring and ambulating
- Measurement of intake and output
- Specimen collection
- Develops rapport with patients and families.
- Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team.
- Clearly and accurately documents daily patient care.
- Keeps supervising RN and /or charge nurse appropriately informed.
- Practices CPMC's safety behaviors.
- Recognizesunsafe practices and communicates such practices through chain of command.
- Demonstrates ability to follow established clinical protocols to ensure patient safety, including, but not limited to:Falls prevention, restraint regulations, and Pressure Ulcer prevention.
- Safely transports patients from one location to another.
- Reports errors and near misses.
Teamwork and ProfessionalAccountability
- Provides transportation as needed of supplies, equipment and laboratory specimens.
- Performs unit support responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Answering phones
- Assisting visitors and family members
- Maintaining unit and desk area in a clean and orderly manner
- Maintenance and re-stocking of patient rooms
- Restocking, organizingof unit supplies
Management of Responsibilities
- Works as part of a team.
- Role models service excellence with patients and others.
- Recognizeswhen to ask for assistance and uses chain of command appropriately.
- Is accountable for meeting requirements of certification andposition.
- Maintains a professional appearance and consistently conducts self in a professional manner.
- Sets appropriate priorities.
- Completes tasks within expected timeframe.
- Accepts constructive feedback.
- Incorporates cost effectiveness in daily work.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on competency.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Hospital Assistant or equivalent training (nursing student) or equivalent required
- Previous experience as a Nursing Assistant an acute care hospital required or nursing student
- Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
- Acute Care Nursing Practitioner - ACNP preferred
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS required
- Requires excellent communication, organization and relationship skills.
California Pacific Medical CenterEmployee Status:
8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
Every Other WeekendSchedule:
Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Posting ID: 552772769Posted: 2020-05-21