The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) islocated in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor & Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000 people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
The Nursing Assistant (NA) works under the supervision of the RN or LVN.The NA is responsible for competent, compassionate and individualized hygiene and basic nursing care for a group of patients for which the NA has demonstrated age specific competencies (e.g., vital signs, hygiene, ADL). The incumbent has access to Protected Health Information as needed to accomplish the accountabilities as outlined in this job description.This includes access to the patient's medical record.
- Perform patient care procedures and evaluations for which competency has been demonstrated.
- Observes and reports, patient response to administered medication and adverse effects.
- Collects data and reports to RN in a timely manner (e.g., vital signs, height, weight, intake and output).
- Utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately and effectively.
- Takes and records clinical data.Observes and reports both physical and emotional concerns of patient to RN.
- Accurately provides basic nursing care within scope of practice (e.g., Hygiene, ADL).
- Performs simple procedures (enemas, ted stockings, ace bandages, ice packs, foley maintenance, mouth suctioning with oral suction tip).
- Collects non invasive specimens (e.g., urine, sputum).
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner within the plan of care
High school graduation or equivalent required.Certification asnurse assistant required.
Minimum of six months experience in hospital, nursing school or long term care facility.
CPR/BLS within 60 days of hire.
Maintain departmental competency based requirements (CBAs) for Nurse Assistant.
Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal relationships.
Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care to patients served.
Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Disaster) as required by department and organizational standards. Organization:
Sutter Santa Rosa Regional HospitalEmployee Status:
RegularEmployee Referral Bonus:
8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
Per DiemHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.