Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter's Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter's core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you'll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
- Continuing Education
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Responsibilities Job ID
MMCM-2005055 Date Posted
Modesto, California Schedule/Shift
Full Time/ Variable Position Overview:
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
The RN functions within the full scope of licensure to implement the nursing process. The RN will assess patient and family needs, develop a plan of care based on assessment, direct implementation of the plans of care for a group of patients, collaborate with the charge nurse and care team, and evaluate effectiveness of the care plan. Duties will include administration of medications, performing prescribed treatments, managing medical equipment, assisting with patient ADL (activities of daily living) including lifting, turning, and mobilizing patients.
The RN assures that physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual, cultural, and self-care needs of patients and families are addressed.
The RN actively participates in supporting and meeting the hospital's goals for patient satisfaction and national quality core measures.
The RN is evaluated based on the Benner model of clinical competence. This model recognizes the process of professional development, which moves from beginning understanding and application of nursing principles to expert practice acquired through experience and formal training. Five primary domains define nursing care at MMC: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. The evaluation is based on how the individual meets defined standards.Qualifications:Education, Licensure, and Certification Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ASN) required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California OR must obtain prior to commencement of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificationrequired upon hire.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate or must obtain within 90-days of hire.
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate or current Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) certificate or must obtain within 90-days of hire.
- Three (3) years Emergency Room nursing experience, or two (2) years Intensive Care Unit nursing experience, or one (1) year PACU-Recovery nursing experience.
- OR -
- One year recent experience (within the past five years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility highly preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Successful completion of MMC's ClinicalNurse Resident (CNR) program ORcompletion of a new graduate RN program within the last two years is required.
- Experience working in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity preferred.
- Current Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) certificate or Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) certificate.
- Current Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) certificate.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Memorial Medical Center, ModestoEmployee Status:
8 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
Full TimeHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans