Nurses at Sutter Health are at the core of our relationships with patients and families, who trust us to provide them with the personalized care they deserve at the most vulnerable moments of their lives.
Our nurses helped create and embrace Sutter's Nursing Philosophy of Care, a foundation that blends with Sutter's core values to provide nurses with a unique and diverse environment where they can reach their full potential.
No matter what stage of your career, you'll find a culture where we care about one another and offer a vast range of choices and possibilities to work with some of the most talented clinicians in the country.
- JOB TYPE: Per Diem
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
- Continuing Education
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Responsibilities Job ID
MMCM-2005051 Date Posted
Modesto, California Schedule/Shift
Per Diem/ Variable Position Overview:
Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center MMC provides a full continuum of care, including:
- 24-hour emergency care
- inpatient and outpatient surgery
- specialty services in obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, sleep disorders and physical therapy
- a Level II Trauma Center
Memorial Medical Center is an accredited Chest Pain Center
and STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center.
MMC is part of Sutter Health, one of the nation's top five large health systems thanks to its integrated network of physician, employee and volunteer pioneers-more than 60,000 people strong. Rooted in Sutter Health's not-for-profit mission, these team members partner to deliver exceptional care that feels personal. From physician offices to hospitals to outpatient care centers and home services, they proudly support and learn from the more than 3 million people in their care-nearly 1 percent of the U.S. population, in one of the most diverse and innovative regions in the world.
The RN functions within the full scope of licensure to implement the nursing process. The RN will assess patient and family needs, develop a plan of care based on assessment, direct implementation of the plans of care for a group of patients, collaborate with the charge nurse and care team, and evaluate effectiveness of the care plan. Duties will include administration of medications, performing prescribed treatments, managing medical equipment, assisting with patient ADL (activities of daily living) including lifting, turning, and mobilizing patients.
The RN assures that physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual, cultural, and self-care needs of patients and families are addressed.
The RN actively participates in supporting and meeting the hospital's goals for patient satisfaction and national quality core measures.
The RN is evaluated based on the Benner model of clinical competence. This model recognizes the process of professional development, which moves from beginning understanding and application of nursing principles to expert practice acquired through experience and formal training. Five primary domains define nursing care at MMC: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. The evaluation is based on how the individual meets defined standards.Qualifications:Minimum Qualifications:
- Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California or must obtain prior to commencement of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year recent experience (within the past five (5) years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility or successful completion of MMC's Clinical Nurse Resident (CNR) program, in departments where the CNR program is available.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- Must be able to travel in accordance with any requirements of your job (if MMC and/or own vehicle used on MMC business, must possess valid California Driver's License and upon request proof of liability insurance).
- Must also meet department specific requirements for applicable department (See Department Specific Requirement below).
- Physical & Mental Requirements: See attached Statement of Physical &Environmental Factors and A35 Mental Components.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- National certification in area of specialty.
- Greater than one (1) year of working experience in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity
Memorial Medical Center, ModestoEmployee Status:
8-12 Hour ShiftDays of the Week Scheduled:
Varied DaysWeekend Requirements:
Per DiemHrs Per 2wk Pay Period:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans