Serve as the primary point of contact in the community and bank by leading and coordinating activity regarding Citizens Bank's Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) performance in the Boston region:
- Monitor the bank's CRA performance in accordance with our CRA strategy inclusive of lending, investment, and services performance.
- Analyzes comprehensive market performance data, using results to develop strategic initiatives, programs and projects to improve CRA performance.
- Act as liaison and information source on legal / regulatory developments of the CRA to Senior Management.
- Establish, participate, and maintain relationships with community based, charitable, and non-profit organizations inclusive of affordable housing and small business entities that can provide overall benefit to the CRA objective
- Execute financial education plan in key markets to meet financial literacy objectives for the bank.
- Maintain Library of CRA Resources.
- Serve as a conduit between the community and the bank related to the CRA including developing an overall strategy and market plan to meet objectives.
- Support CRA regulatory examination preparedness to include performance context and other necessary components as noted by CRA administration
Lead the annual local market strategic planning sessions by utilizing data analysis, market intelligence, CRA performance information, and charitable giving input to create a CRA strategy for the market.. Plans and ensures execution of activities in support of established objectives.
In partnership with local President's Office and business line leadership, work to raise the visibility of CRA related community based programs, and initiatives.
Will identify, coordinate, and implement opportunities to increase CRA-qualified community volunteer activities in the local community.
Coordinates and creates action plans in conjunctionwith other departments such as Retail Banking, Home Lending Solutions, Business Banking, Commercial Banking, etc. to ensure attainment of local CRA goals.
Manage high-level initiatives and complex projects related to community development and volunteerism, inclusive of working with CRA Administration on OCC exam related data gathering.
Monitors and maintains current knowledge of public programs aimed at supporting and subsidizing community development efforts.
Refers business to the bank through coordinating events and networking with community and prospects. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 3-5 years experience in Community Development including thorough knowledge of the CRA and it's application to Community Development.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with external organizations based on clear communication, transparency and mutual understanding.
- Seasoned negotiation skills. Ability to collaborate and gain consensus from various differing points of view through effective compromise.
- Strong results orientation, which includes meeting commitments, performance metrics, and targeted and required delivery dates.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. Ability to articulate strategy to senior executives.
- An acknowledged reputation for intelligent, strong, and decisive leadership as a result of high integrity, intellectual clarity, and a passion for excellence.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Self Starter.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
#LI-Sourcer4 Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.