Job Description Summary
The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding business process management and business requirements of the client. Very strong technical skills, coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of the client's needs so that they can be transformed into application and operational requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Deliver results after thorough research of functional needs by collaborating and communicating with various stakeholders, both internal and external to the company
• Apply strong analytical reasoning to understand end user's requirements and transforms them into operational application
• Acquire deep knowledge of working systems and bring efficient and effective changes for better performance
• Participate in the administration of project and program contract activities
• Extract, analyze, and report data to support program activity and assist in management decision making
• Audit, evaluate, track, and report program implementation and project activity for Quality Assurance and contract compliance purposes
• Work closely with operations and systems staff to define requirements, test criteria, and success factors.
• Working knowledge of contact center operations, including quality assurance monitoring and its related processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate must have
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Four to six years of equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• Three (3) years of experience
• Strong working relationship and critical thinking skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of methods of developing business process specifications; procedures and methods for testing business functions within systems; producing effective project documentation
• Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care, health plans, or HIPAA compliance
• Superior analytical and writing skills
• Experience in report development and data collection and analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to use spreadsheet, database, MS Visio, MS Project, and/or reporting software to do analysis
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline and detailed-oriented work environment
• Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
• Knowledge of Contact Center Quality Assurance monitoring programs, such as Telstrat Engage, Eureka Call Miner, etc.
• Familiar with Speech Analytic tools used in contact centers to drive performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and determine business requirements and define processes, including clarification on any requirement discrepancies.
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Extract, tabulate, and analyze data to support program activity and assist in management decision making.
- Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to new processes, functionality, and/or proposed solutions.
- Process all Production Support Requests by receiving defect reports and cross referencing the defect with the business requirements.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.